Grohe left or right close cartridge for 3/4 valve model 29274?

Users who are viewing this thread

cmjindy

Reaction score
Hi,
I've installed two valves wall mounted for filling a tub. They both came with the same cartridge style that rotate clockwise to turn off / counter clockwise to turn on. I would like one to rotate in the opposite direction, clockwise to turn on / counter clockwise to turn off.

I've now ordered two replacement cartridges via two separate orders trying to get the correct cartridge. One was supposed to be a model 45888000 (right close) and the other 45887000 (left close). They both rotate the same as the originals. Now I need to return both and confused if I need the left close or right close version.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Some valves can be converted to operate in either direction. Normally cross and round handles DO both rotate CCW to open. Lever handles can operate either way depending on whether they are on a sink to open towards you, or wall mounted to open upwards, (if they open downwards the weight of the handles can cause them to open unintentionally).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks