Grohe kitchen sink pull-down to portable washing machine

Users who are viewing this thread

eraoul

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in the US, and have a Grohe kitchen sink with a pull-down sprayer. I think it's from the "Concetto" line; not sure, but it's relatively new construction (2014). I need to connect the pull-down hose to a standard USA portable dishwasher from Whirlpool, so I need to find adapters.

I'm having trouble finding the right ones to convert from the hose to normal aerator thread sizes. I removed the metal piece containing the aerator from the end of the hose; I can't manage to remove the aerator itself from the metal piece; not sure if it comes out or not.

Anyway, it looks like I need a male 55/64" connector to attach to the hose, BUT the thread pitch is large; I think it's 14 TPI (I measured 14.5 but I could be off; 14 TPI sounds more standard, maybe it's a common metric size).

Any ideas how to convert to this weird large thread pitch from standard aerator dimensions? I have the adaptor that came with the dishwasher, which has a typical 15/16 and 55/64 sides (can't remember which is male/female). The problem is the 14 TPI part.

Thanks for any advice!

P.S. Does Grohe manufacture for non-US markets or something? Anyone know what's up with the weird thread size on the hose, or it this typical in pull-down hoses?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pull down/pull out hoses are NOT designed to carry full line pressure which would happen if you connect a dishwasher to them. You may have to install a separate hot water faucet for the dishwasher's hose adapter.

eraoul

Reaction score
Pull down/pull out hoses are NOT designed to carry full line pressure which would happen if you connect a dishwasher to them. You may have to install a separate hot water faucet for the dishwasher's hose adapter.

Thanks hj -- yes, I've seen that warning, but also numerous people around the internet who claim to have had no trouble in this regard. Do they actually fail in practice? If so, any idea what the chance of failure would be?

I'm in an apartment where I'm not allowed to install a regular dishwasher nor to make cabinet modifications in the kitchen...

eraoul

Reaction score
Thanks Terry -- totally replacing the faucet sounds like the best bet. I wish I could find out if these spray hoses really are at risk of failing or if it's an excessively conservative worry, however.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Terry -- totally replacing the faucet sounds like the best bet. I wish I could find out if these spray hoses really are at risk of failing or if it's an excessively conservative worry, however.

I replace those Grohe spray hoses all the time. And considering there is no pressure in them, that's not so good.
I can't imagine keeping those hoses under pressure if they're failing wihout any.

I walked into a home one Sunday that used old washer hoses. There was three inches of water in the basement. They pulled all the carpet out, cut the lower portion of the drywall out, patched and painted. In a few months it was as good as new.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks