Grohe Grohmix - Water not hot enough

Users who are viewing this thread

LPRiver

Reaction score
I have an old Grohe thermostatic shower valve. After replacing the hot water heater, the water no longer gets above 85 degrees in this shower. Had several plumbers look at it and they all gave up. So, I am attempting DIY adjustment. This is as far as I can get. Any ideas on what to try to increase temp? Cold water is cold. Hot water is Luke warm. Sinks have no issues. Plumber recommendations in the Atlanta area?

upload_2019-3-19_16-27-11.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

LPRiver

Reaction score
Thanks. There is a screw inside the center casing that I’ve turned left as far as possible. Still won’t release the cartridge. I was able to remove the brass housing. Totally stuck!

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks. There is a screw inside the center casing that I’ve turned left as far as possible. Still won’t release the cartridge. I was able to remove the brass housing. Totally stuck!
So you got #9 from the drawing off, and 10 and 10.1 are stuck? I have seen some suggest turning the water on to see if the pressure helps. Maybe have a helper, with a bucket positioned to catch the shooting water and pieces.

PDIG

Reaction score
i have same mixer valve and not able to open further see photo. appreciate any help.

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 485
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks