Grohe diverter problem

Users who are viewing this thread

marie

SocalMom
Reaction score
Hi, heres my problem:

For the last year (as long as we have owned this condo), the shower head on our Grohe system (I think it is a tempersafe model?) could only function at full capacity if we turned the water control handle on only slightly and then pulled the diverter up (which is on the spout). Now, not even that works and water comes out of both the shower head and spout when I pull up on the diverter. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Do I have to remove the spout to fix/replace a part? or is the problem up behind the handle?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 942
Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've not tried it, but many people seem to recommend the Delta spout...it seems their divertor works quite well.

Spouts are one of two types, either screw on, or push on. If there is a notch or hole in the bottom, you may need a mirror to check, there should be a set screw that must be loosened to then slide the thing off. It could be an allen screw, or a slotted. If there is no notch, then it is almost certainly a screw on spout. The type you have will direct you to what would be easiest to replace, but you could probably do either....depends on what's sticking out of the wall once you have it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks