Grohe Concetto shower faucet problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
I installed a GROHE 14468EN0 Concetto shower faucet in 2015. It was 50/50 hot cold balance when installed. It was my kids bathroom, so I rarely used it.
When using the faucet, to get a balance hot and cold, the lever is all the way to the almost closed position. So 90%
of the range emits hot water. They never mentioned anything about it. Would I need a cartridge replacement?
Anything else it might be, and anything I need to know specific to that faucet?

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
I installed a GROHE 14468EN0 Concetto shower faucet in 2015. It was 50/50 hot cold balance when installed. It was my kids bathroom, so I rarely used it.
When using the faucet, to get a balance hot and cold, the lever is all the way to the almost closed position. So 90%
of the range emits hot water. They never mentioned anything about it. Would I need a cartridge replacement?
Anything else it might be, and anything I need to know specific to that faucet?

Maybe the valve was never calibrated . It's also good to have water running through the valves couple times a week. If it doesn't inner parts can seize and fail. The best thing to do is get the cartridge and calibrate it afterwards

grohe-concetto-temperture-adjustment-01.jpg
grohe-concetto-temperture-adjustment-02.jpg

Attachments

• 14468000-installation-instructions (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 103

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, you said "The best thing to do is get the cartridge"
So yes to replacing the cartridge?
As far as calibrated, that was done at the original install.

One last thing, is it part # 47678? I'm used to the Moen stuck cartridges, hopefully this will be easier

Last edited:

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
You mentioned the model number on the Grohe valve. What you mentioned is two separate valves.

Neil.

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Based on my paperwork, its 4767800. When I type in part number from the schematic, see photo. It looks similar but a different shape. Jeez, why can't they standardize components?

so this one then?

not very happy with this product, besides the valve problem, the brushed nickel trim kit finish is tarnished after only 7 years. Although had hard water for 5 years before installing a softener

Grohe Part.jpg

grohe-47678-cartridge.jpg

grohe-35105.jpg

35105-parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Binda

In the Trades
Reaction score
Based on my paperwork, its 4767800. When I type in part number from the schematic, see photo. It looks similar but a different shape. Jeez, why can't they standardize components?

so this one then?

not very happy with this product, besides the valve problem, the brushed nickel trim kit finish is tarnished after only 7 years. Although had hard water for 5 years before installing a softener

View attachment 85549

grohe-47678-cartridge.jpg

grohe-35105.jpg

That looks to be correct in terms of the part number you provided.

Different valves have different cartidges. Grohe is based on the year as well as some other suppliers.

Maybe if you have the original bill you can contact Grohe to send one under warranty on your end ?

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Bought on the internet, can’t find the receipt. Probably saved as a file on the computer which I no longer have

What’s been confusing me is, I thought the trim kits available are dictated by what valve assembly you have installed

So having the Concetta trim kit means I have certain cartridge valve. Apparently not?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks