Grohe Bathroom Faucet Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
Hello,
We have Grohe 8-inch spread handsets in our bathroom lavs. I have very low flow when I have only the cold water on; but very good hot water flow (both of course flow from the same spout). I suspect there is a something blocking the cold water flow in the handset or spout, because I have good flow from the cold water supply when I disconnect the line to the handset.
Does anyone have an idea where the most likely place for a clog is?? Is there a filter in the handset/faucet? or perhaps where the two faucets come together to feed the spout? Also, how can I find exploded views of Grohe bathroom faucets?
Thanks very much for all replies!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you know the model number of the faucet, all of the current parts lists are on the www.groheamerica.com website. SOme of the faucets have strainers on the inputs, so the cold could be plugged up. It's possible that some crud is caught in the cartridge or in the attached hose. It is also possible that the shutoff at the wall has a problem (was the flow good when you disconnected the hose? I think you said yes, then it is not likley the shutoff.).

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
Thanks-- I don't have the model number, but they are Talia faucets. I went to the Grohe website but could not find a way to any exploded views.... And yes, I did check disconnect at the cold water shut off valve and we have good flow there...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

While you were under the sink did you check the hoses from the valve to the center spout. The cold one may be kinked and not letting the water through.

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
I did check for kinks in the hoses, and found none. I had a peek at the exploded diagrams and now have a basic question: does the water flow all the way up to the cartridge in the faucet? I'm having a little trouble figuring out hte path of the water, to look for places where sludge good being reducing hte flow...
Thanks!

plumbing newbee

Reaction score
Need advice on taking apart Grohe Faucet

I'd like to try to disasemble my Grohe Talon bathroom faucet to clear what's redcuing the flow so severely...does this come apart from above the sink? Can anyone tell me the order in which the parts disasemble so that I can get to the cartridge that may be pluggeg-up?
Thanks much for the help!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the Talon, but most of these have a set screw below the handle. If you loosen that, the handle will come off. Then, make sure the water is turned off, there are a couple of screws that hold down the cartridge. Loosen them (on some, they are captive) and lift the cartridge out. Very quick, very easy. You'll need an allen wrench to take the handle off - it came with one, but the plumber may not have left it.

bits2bits

Reaction score
jadnashua said:
I haven't looked at the Talon, but most of these have a set screw below the handle. If you loosen that, the handle will come off. Then, make sure the water is turned off, there are a couple of screws that hold down the cartridge. Loosen them (on some, they are captive) and lift the cartridge out. Very quick, very easy. You'll need an allen wrench to take the handle off - it came with one, but the plumber may not have left it.

i think u can check this link

might be this can help.. there are few links and good resources about plumbing

qssupplies.co.uk

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks