Grohe Arden Faucet Handle Removal

Users who are viewing this thread

Ghilletti

Reaction score
Grohe Arden Faucet handle (old style) where the caps unscrew - I know this because I installed them. I need to replace the cartridge and cannot remove those handle caps. I have tried heat but nothing seems to make them budge as there is very little cap to grab onto. Duct tape with channel locks and vise grips but unable to grip them due to the limited height of that cap to grab anywhere - any other ideas? Thanks

IMG_0474.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Elliot L Greenberg

Reaction score
I have another model Hansgrohe bathroom faucet and have encountered the same problem. I have the new cartridges and they shoe to twist off the handles and caps. Impossible. Have applied CLR around base of covers and let sit for 30 min. to lossen up scale deposits. Used channel locks, vice grip plyers and all I did was scratch the cover, which I did not want to do. These things do not budge. Not happy, leaking cold water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks