Grohe 34.122 shower valve ID - not mixing cold and hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Cory Hank

Reaction score
Moved into a house a couple months ago and the temperature of the water coming out of the shower valve is basically un-adjustable.

The temperature of the water on the hottest setting is barely different from the coldest setting, so I have just been taking really hot showers.

I tried to find model number (and therefore the user manual) to learn how to take it apart, but a lot of googling got me nowhere for this particular Grohe model.

1. Can anyone ID this?

2. How do I take this apart?

I assume I only need to replace a part of the valve to get the hot and cold water mixing properly.

Thank you for reading my questions.

Photo - Google Photos-2019-07-13 12_34_23 (Small).png
Photo - Google Photos-2019-07-13 12_34_29 (Small).png

Cory Hank

Reaction score
In case anyone runs into this problem in the future. Here is what fixed the problem.

Take apart the trim. The outermost part of Part 45 763 in the diagram below unscrews just by hand. The diagram is slightly misleading. A screwdriver is then needed to detach the screws holding the handle.

Then follow these directions.

Grohe .png

My regulating cap was green in color. I guess it got loose over time. I screwed it on tight by turning clockwise.

Now the water temperature is adjustable. The range is not that great, but at least no more scalding showers!

Thank you Terry.

FcM

Reaction score
In case anyone runs into this problem in the future. Here is what fixed the problem.

Take apart the trim. The outermost part of Part 45 763 in the diagram below unscrews just by hand. The diagram is slightly misleading. A screwdriver is then needed to detach the screws holding the handle.

Then follow these directions.

View attachment 54925

My regulating cap was green in color. I guess it got loose over time. I screwed it on tight by turning clockwise.

Now the water temperature is adjustable. The range is not that great, but at least no more scalding showers!

Thank you Terry.
Hello; Quick question how do you take the thermostatic off, talking about the white piece with the numbers? Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks