Greensand Iron Filter not Drawing potassium permanganate Fleck 5600sxt

Users who are viewing this thread

Iron Mann

Reaction score
I have been messing with my system for 4 days (1.5 cu. ft. Greensand with a Fleck 5600 sxt backwashing valve not metered) trying to figure out why i can not get a draw on the potassium permanganate. I have been in contact with the company where I purchased it and checked and re-checked everything. Throat,injector cap, o-rings, back pressure and so on. Finally after removing the Brine valve housing, There are the 2 small ports where the injector ( top ) and the screen ( bottom ) are on the main housing. On the upper opening there is a small part called the Air Disperser It was completely crusted over with Iron. It should pull out with needle nose carefully not to break because it's plastic. I cleaned it and greased the rings and BAM !!! Got a draw. AMAZING Hope this will help someone who is going through the same headache.​
I tried to attach a file but it was too large. Look up the Fleck 5600sxt backwashing valve and on the diagram it should still be the same part It is called AIR DISPERSER and it's part # 46 on the diagram. GOOOOD LUCK:confused:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Iron removal systems typically require regular cleaning of the injector components, good job and congrats on the repair!

Iron Mann

Reaction score
The system is only a year old, I wished they would have told me that when i spent hundreds of $$$$. I had been checking the system from time to time, but noticed that the pot perm i added a month ago had not diluted so i knew there was something going on and the water was getting funky.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks