Green Buildup on Copper Pipes: Big issue or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

SDJ88

Reaction score
Looking at a first home and just had the inspection done. You can see in the photos below that there are a few areas with green 'corrosion' near some joints. I'm very new to all this but I've seen some information that says there can be external condensation that builds up causing that, improperly cleaned flux and other causes that seem more serious. I'm just wondering if this is something to be worried about long term for other pipes/joints. I watched my old man replace nearly every inch of copper piping in the house over 20 years due to pinhole leaks, so it's kind of got me on edge.

If it helps, the water test indicated a ph of 8.0, Hardness of 11 mg/l, and Alkalinity of 78 mg/l.

Water Lines Coming off the Boiler.

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks