Gray water and septic systems

Users who are viewing this thread

jack70

Reaction score
I have a 3 bed, 2 bath ranch built in 1960. The subdivision did not have city sewer when it wa built so the houses are on individual septic systems, it has since been provided with city sewer and my house was converted before my purchasing it. My question is, in that time period, 1960, was it common practice to connect the kitchen sink and utility room drains to a seperate yard tank and not to the main septic tank. The kitchen and utility are on the opposite end of the house from the bathrooms and I suspect that they are not connected to the main drain. When the water is draining from these locations I do not see any flow through the cleanout near the street. My washing machine standpipe will back up occasionally and is easily cleared by snaking it. There is no indication as to where these locations are draining, no wet areas in the yard, no foundation issues. Confused?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks