Goulds j5 pump with shallow adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Speight

Reaction score
I would like to know to clean nozzle on j5 adapter I know u have to remove 1/2 inch plug and run wire through it ,but my question is if I do this would I have to prime pump. Thanks I know this might be dum question just like to be prepared Thanks

ThirdGenPump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would like to know to clean nozzle on j5 adapter I know u have to remove 1/2 inch plug and run wire through it ,but my question is if I do this would I have to prime pump. Thanks I know this might be dum question just like to be prepared Thanks

You can potentially lose prime doing so, in which case you would need to re-prime.

If there is a valve between the pump and pressure tank, it would be there for exclusively service, you can start by pumping as much water as you can into the tank to you'd have pressurized water to repime, which would make losing prime a non-issue. Re=priming shallow well pumps isn't all that hard, if you have to, just make sure to fill a bucket so you have something to work with.

Charlie Speight

Reaction score
You can potentially lose prime doing so, in which case you would need to re-prime.

If there is a valve between the pump and pressure tank, it would be there for exclusively service, you can start by pumping as much water as you can into the tank to you'd have pressurized water to repime, which would make losing prime a non-issue. Re=priming shallow well pumps isn't all that hard, if you have to, just make sure to fill a bucket so you have something to work with.

Thanks a lot at least I know what's ahead of me

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks