Goulds 5gs 05422 c pump, Confusing pump combo

Users who are viewing this thread

pepsidrivah

Reaction score
Some of you folks helped me pull a pump from a property we acquired. It's a submersible pump. It's a Goulds5gs 05422 c pump. It has a Franklin half horsepower 230v motor powering it. It was equipped with some kind of choke that reduced the water flow. The total depth of the drilled well is 30 ft. It is situated right by a river so I think the water table is very high that's why it's so shallow. I had the pump tested and at 60 lb of pressure it draws 6 gallons a minute and it 40 lb of pressure it draws 10 gallons a minute. I have 3 questions; one is this pump oversized for a well that small ; 2 why would a goulds pump be paired with a Franklin motor and three would I be better served by buying a shallow well pump and a pressure tank? The water is going to be used for a garden we have on the property not for personal consumption. Thanks for this great resource!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks