Good toilet that is shortest front-to-back?

Users who are viewing this thread

WatFallet

Reaction score
I'm renovating a bathroom that is just 5 ft wide. The current toilet is about 26" front-to-back. It's of course a round bowl. When I replace it, I'd rather not impinge on access to the shower, so I'm looking for a toilet that is short front-to-back. Keeping it at 26.5" or less would be great.

The nice-to-haves:
* Less than $500
* Can accommodate a washlet
* Elongated bowl (yeah, I'm probably asking too much with that one)
* One piece

In my other two bathrooms I have Toto Drakes. One works great; on the other, the flapper valve often doesn't sit back properly after flushing. I've tried adjusting the chain, putting plastic piece (a pen shaft) onto the chain to weigh the flapper down, replacing the flapper, etc. Nothing works; I've literally taken the parts (flapper, chain, rod) from the one that works well to the problematic toilet and we still have this problem about every 10 flushes. I think the cause is the flush handle gets loose where it meets the porcelain. Sorry for the rant, but for this reason I'm hesitant to go with another Toto, but maybe you can convince me otherwise.

Suggestions welcome

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you can maybe find a generic flush handle that could be bent to cause the chain pull to be straight up. Maybe you can choose a different hole on your current lever, or bend the rod.

There are various thread lockers that can hold a thread in place while being weak enough to be unscrewed later.

Gerber Avalanche CT sticks into the room less than most.
http://www.gerberonline.com/downloads/specs/Toilet/21-019.pdf I don't know how its flush is.

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
A great toilet that fits your criteria is the Gerber Viper Compact ADA Height Elongated. At a depth of 26-5/8, it's a smidge longer but not by much. 1.6 gpf is model #VP-21-519 and 1.28 gpf is HE-21-519.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks