Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
glenwall-vormax-toilet-1.jpg

The Glenwall Vormax wallhung by American Standard is a gravity flush with their Vormax technology. Two flappers in the tank to distribute water to the bowl. It's a taller comfort height bowl, about 1.5" higher than their pressure assist Glenwall.

glenwall-vormax-install-4.jpg

Just a few parts to keep track of. :)

glenwall-vormax-install-3.jpg

glenwall-vormax-install-2.jpg

Two flush valves with gaskets.

glenwall-vormax-install-1.jpg

And it might be a good idea to pick up some retrofit bolt caps in case the threaded bolts are too short for installation with the standard bolt caps.

glenwall-vormax-toilet-2.jpg

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
A gravity Glenwall -- cool!

Higher than the original Glenwall -- also cool!

Vormax -- Aw, c'mon. Stupid.

MisterB

Reaction score
Have 2 Case 3000 toilets to replace. Is the carrier modification the same as with the AS Glenwall or the Gerber Maxwell I've seen in older posts?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
yorkville-vormax-1.jpg

And the floor mounted rear outlet Yorkville Vormax. I see a lot of condos needing something like this. Okay, maybe not a lot, but more like a few.

3359A101 Right Height® Elongated Bowl
4385A137 HET Tank

Nominal Dimensions: 30-3/16" x 18" x 32-13/16"

yorkville-vormax-spec-1.jpg

yorkville-vormax-spec-2.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry for dragging up a dead horse... But has anyone actually installed this Glenwall? I like the idea of a gravity flush (vs the pressure assist) wall hung toilet to replace an ancient 5GPF toilet.. But that flushing system?! Makes inwall tanks look simple..

Would like to have a decent looking product to suggest to a potential client..

Or gut the old 4 bolt system and replace with an in wall tank.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I tried to buy a Vormax for a rear outlet, floor mount but had no luck finding anyone local that stocked them. Right now a friend of mine has an American Standard from the 60's that I would love to toss.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I tried to buy a Vormax for a rear outlet, floor mount but had no luck finding anyone local that stocked them. Right now a friend of mine has an American Standard from the 60's that I would love to toss.

Good point! I'll have to factor that in.. They may opt to go with a Geberit in wall system to gain that 9" of knee space..

Tgrosinger

Reaction score
Does the Glenwall Vormax do a good job emptying the bowl?

We have an ancient no-name that uses about 4 gallons of water and does a terrible job flushing. I was under the impression that rear-flushing toilets worked best when pressure assisted, so I'm surprised that's not really an option anymore.

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been using the Gerber Maxwell as a replacement quite a bit, those work well, and then then there is the Vormax here that I installed for a customer. I haven't been back for feedback, but it should be working fine.

vormax-wall-hung-terrylove-01.jpg

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
I'm in Germany right now for the holidays, everything here is wall mount Geberit hidden tank, I have yet to see a tank in the week I've been here.

Apparently AmStan makes one now too.

geberit-in-wall-photo.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks