Glacier Bay Faucet - Trouble Removing Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

swacer03

Reaction score
I am attempting to remove the handles from this faucet. It is Glacier Bay as part of a set from Home Depot years ago and I cannot find any that look like this anymore to figure out a model.

There is a small hole in the back side that I cannot tell if it is for a set screw. The clearance is so small it is impossible to see. I have tried every size of Allen wrench that will fit back there and it goes in but doesn’t seem to catch on anything.

I have also tried unscrewing the piece below the handle but it doesn’t seem to screw/unscrew and I don’t want to break anything.

Does anyone know anything about this faucet or how I would get the handles off? Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 723
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 381
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 430

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How could you take 3 pictures and none of them show the end of the handle? In some case there is a plug in the handle and the set screw is inside it.

swacer03

Reaction score
How could you take 3 pictures and none of them show the end of the handle? In some case there is a plug in the handle and the set screw is inside it.

I did not take pictures of the end of the handle because both ends of the handles are completely, totally solid so there is no chance that there’s a set screw there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks