Getting bathtub spout seated properly

Users who are viewing this thread

H.Corning

Reaction score
Hello. I hope you are well today.

I removed our tub spout to soak away encrusted minerals (using a weak acid bath). I've done this before all right.
This time, though, in trying to put the spout back, it doesn't want to line up properly. I can't get it to point downward and be tight up against the wall. It's close, but not quite there. If I keep turning so as to point the outlet downward, it sort of jumps the threads and comes loose.

How do I get it just right, so that the spout points downward and it's firmly seated against the wall?

Thank you.

Attachments

• P9060004.JPG
    P9060004.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 111
  • P9060005.JPG
    P9060005.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 109

Reach4

Reaction score
If I keep turning so as to point the outlet downward, it sort of jumps the threads and comes loose.
Whoa... I was going to go a different way, but let's talk about that stripped-thread one as being more urgent.

When you remove the spout, what do you see? Do you see a nipple coming out of the wall, or something else?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks