Gerber Ultraflush pressure assist toilet review and comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

TD12659

In the Trades
Reaction score
I worked for Gerber 30+ years

I called up Gerber today and told them what was going on (see above story). After hearing the issues, the rep says that yes, the toilet has some type of internal defect and that I need to exchange it. They apologized and are getting a new one sent to the nearest wholesaler for me to exchange the non-working one with. A pain in the ass, but at least they are helping getting the issue resolved.
Cheers.

I have read with much interest the preceeding posts about Gerber...I SLAVED My A** OFF for this FAMILY OWNED Company for over 30 years. I was in R&D, Middle Management and a "Self made" Ceramic Engineer. I started out as General Labor and CLAWED my way up.
The "Kids" took over the company and sent it into bankruptcy. Werner (Owner of Globe Union) bought it out....within 6 months the factory in New Jersey closed. Then the ONLY factory in the USA that was PROFITABLE closed in 2004. 2 1/2 years later the company closed 2 additional factories in Indiana, that were NON-Profitable since the 1980's. I KNOW, I was in the THICK of it.
The company Moved all production to China, (Asia they called it, to speak China was a terminating offense!) and a small percentage to Mexico. I worked in Mexico and China over 2 years after the closing of the factories here. I finally got fed up with the Hypocrites and "Educated Idiots" and quit....I could say a lot more but, will only stick to obvious facts.
They should replace all of the defective ones and supply the labor ! What really bothers me is the fact, The company (Werner) claims the production was moved for "Cheap Labor" I have been looking at the prices of the Bowl/Tank combos....The prices have more than Trippled....and Manufacturing Costs have reuced to 1/8 the price of the pre-Asian moves! IF I can find ToTo or Kohler in a month or two I will buy one of their "Ultra Flush" models as we called them.
The old 21-228, 3.5G Bowl was one of the best flushers I ever worked with. I designed a lot of the "Improvements" to the Major sellers and high end products before quitting.
When calling the "Factory Rep" where did you call? Chicago or a local Rep? Just curious as I still have a few contacts in Chicago (Lincolnwood now). If any of you people need any technical assistance feel free to PM me or email me. I will answer any questions that I possibly can....TD

GCK4444

Reaction score
To everyone that has the EcoFlush toilets, DO NOT be Scammed and pay the $8.99 shipping fee when you have DEFECTIVE parts from your EcoFlush pods. Why does anyone need to pay it when the damn things FAIL all the time??? If EcoFlush/WDI tells you to pay for any shipping fee, you just need to contact the Toilet manufactures (i.e. ZURN, GERBER, MANSFIELD, AMERICAN STANDARD etc..). I don't have these toilet manufacture info but you can just google them. These EcoFlush pods have a 10 years warranty, and no one should pay for any DEFECTIVE products, plus WASTING your time on these BS products. Buy American (Sloan)!

GCK4444

Reaction score
TO ALL OF YOU WHO OWNS ANY ECOFLUSH PRESSURE-ASSISTED TOILETS,

You will have nothing but problems! These EcoFlush pods' have many many changes all the time. They are trying to bandage all the design flaws and quality problems. If you call their Technical Supports, they have only 2 guys working there and had been LYING to the customers that nothing wrong with those pods!!! Hopefully, NONE of you are being fooled to pay the shipping charge when the damm thing is defective! These EcoFlush B8104, B8106 and B8100 pods do not work like Terry said. They leak, water-log, have hissing sound from the pinholes, have cracks, and other failures.

Someone in the plumbing industry mentioned this WDI/EcoFlush engineer, who left Pfisher/Stanley Black & Decker and went to work for WDI. This engineer is so frustrated with his new bosses because they have no clue in management. They just push him to lie to their customers (American Standard, Zurn, Gerber, Mansfield, Crane, and others) that everything is OK. The higher up, Kevin Oak, CEO of the company writes like a 3rd grader. How can any reputable company be running by an idiot? This speaks alot about their products....

EcoFlush and WDI are owned by a chinese company, WDI, located in china. They use WDI International Inc. in the states. STOP BUYING CHEAPLY MADE IN CHINA CRAPS! Go with SLOAN, NOT the copycat pods from EcoFlush. They have quality pressure-assisted products and are proudly Made in USA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
My son James pulled out a WDI EcoFlush in a Seattle Highrise last week. He replaced the tank with a Flushmate. Flushmate has been a solid product.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I replaced two EcoFlush tanks last week. Here is the new tank with Flushmate on the old bowl.

gerber-21-312-5.jpg

Gerber 21-312 with Flushmate

gerber-21-312-1.jpg

And in the other bathroom.

flushmate-503.jpg

The new Flushmate tank.

ecoflush_tank-2.jpg

And the EcoFlush I pulled out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks