Gerber Safetemp II, Please Help Identify Shower Faucet Manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I just bought a condo and the previous owner did not maintain the place very well. I have had a lot of fun learning, replacing and fixing various things throughout. The baseboards were a trip.

When we moved in, the shower faucet handle was hanging just hanging in a fashion to where it could be pulled and removed with no resistance. The inner female end on the handle has been stripped pretty good (the inner stem [male end] is stripped too, but it think it can still be used). Further, the set screw in the handle has been broken off in the handle. I tried to drill it out and remove it with an extractor to no avail as it is too small.

My research has indicated I should try to find a replacement handle, before I try to replace the whole thing. Which, I think, will require me to take out a bunch of tile and ultimately replace all the tile. I would like to avoid that if I could.

I could not use a universal replacement handle as none fit. I think I need help identifying the manufacturer so I can get the correct handle. The faucet has no markings besides the "SA" (Canadian Standards Assoc.) and "UPC" (*Uniform Plumbing Code) on the face plate and I have attached pictures below. Any help identifying the manufacturer (and model) would be greatly appreciated. My wife will not let me use a vice grips forever. Thanks.

IMG_1605.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1598.jpg
    IMG_1598.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1604.jpg
    IMG_1604.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1608.jpg
    IMG_1608.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 201

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
If you ever decide to replace the valve body, open the wall behind the shower if it's on an interior wall on your side of the condo.

Reaction score
Marlin Man,
Thank you so much. I have ordered the part online and it will arrive in three days!

Worth Florida,
Your advice is commensurate with the online tutorials. However, as you correctly suspected, the opposite wall is exterior to my condo.

This seems to be a Florida thread. Thanks y'all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks