Gerber Maxwell wall hung gasket

Users who are viewing this thread

Deck House NIC

Reaction score
I am replacing our old American Standards with Gerber Maxwell wall hung toilet. Took the old toilet off and did some wall repair and painting. Got a neoprene gasket from Zurn and went to install the toilet and the gasket seems to be too thick. The toilet ends up about 1/4-1/2 inch off wall and nuts barely clear the toilet so no way to put the caps on. I'm afraid to try and compress it on as it just seems too thick. The Zurn gasket I got is 4x4x0.75 inches. What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

zurn-neo-seal.jpg

Deck House NIC

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm reluctant to mess with the carrier since I'm not a plumber. I'm going to avoid the wax one but the Fernco one is really interesting and cheaper than the Zurn. Do you know with the Fernco seal if it gives you more ability to insert further so I won't have the spacing issue? I don't see specs on their site about extrusion. Also I'm wondering if anyone has experience with how easy/difficult it is to take the toilet out in the future given the seal it creates. Thanks!

JoBalz

Reaction score
After the bowl of my 1960 American Standard wall hung toilet cracked, I was going to replace it with and American Standard, but the plumber had problems getting the product. I then had him check on the Gerber Maxwell wall hung, and he had it within a couple of days. He installed it late last summer, and I can report that after a year I've been very pleased with the Gerber. On the plus side, in my narrow bathroom, the Gerber extended a a couple of inches less than the American Std., so I don't notice the elongated bowl taking up any more space than the old squared-front toilet. The Gerber appears to have a stay-clean bowl glazing that stays clean, with a good rinsing action when flushed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks