Gerber 3 Handle Stem Seal Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

STACEYANDDEE

Reaction score
I'M TRYING TO REPLACE THE STEM SEALS AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET IT APART. AND OF COURSE I HAVE ALL THE PAREWORK FOR EVERY OTHER FAUCET IN THE HOUSE. ANYWAY, THERE ARE 2 HEX HEADS ON THE STEM. THE SMALLER 3/4 COMES RIGHT OFF WITH THE ALLTHREAD AND EXPOSES A STEM SEAL BUT THIS IS A SHAFT SEAL AND I NEED TO GO FURTHER IN. THE 7/8 HEX LOOKS LIKE IT'S JUST MILLED OUT OF THE HOUSING TO GIVE LEVERAGE WHEN REMOVING THE 3/4 NUT.

ANY IDEA'S?:cool:

STACEY

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Put a shower....

Sorry, did not mean to shout. Get a set of shower valve sockets. One of them will grip the body of the stem assembly that you have seen. Make sure you turn the stem about half way open. Do not try to unscrew it while it is dogged closed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks