Geothermal & in-floor heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Brucerx

Reaction score
My geo system is forced air, except for basement. It has an in-floor system which prior to to geo install, was heated off boiler. I have the ability to switch back to this if I choose to. In summer I would like to keep a small amount of heat going through this to keep floor from feeling damp. Would it make sense to do this, since the boiler would be making domestic hot water anyway. The geo would then be exclusively AC.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Any heat into the slab will have to be offset by the ac. Dehumidifier would help with the damp feeling. The dehumidifier that box stores carry are rated at 95% rh at 80° a rated dehumidifier A.H.A.M. is rated at 60% at 80°. Any dehumidifier as room temp goes down capacity falls off. High rh goes to low rh.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks