Gently used tanks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kcodyjr

Reaction score
No, I don't propose to buy a used tank off craigslist.

I have a Whirlpool 30-gallon electric tank, dated 2012, that saw 1-2 years of hot standby in an empty house, and then was drained and disconnected. It's now been sitting in a closet for 3 years.

Is there any reason to worry it won't still be good if I reconnect and refill it? Is there anything I can check?

I intend to run it at max setting on a two-stage tempering system, if that matters.

Kcodyjr

Reaction score
I just went to swap in a full-port drain valve, and found there's been maybe 5 gallons sitting there behind a plugged drain valve all this time.

The water, at least I assume it was once water, was milky white and chunky-looking. I felt dirty just looking at it.

Do I still probably have a usable tank?

Reach4

Reaction score
The water, at least I assume it was once water, was milky white and chunky-looking. I felt dirty just looking at it.

Do I still probably have a usable tank?
If you flush out the stuff. Don't just drain, but set up some turbulent water to help wash out solids.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks