Generator/UPS for HTP UFT 80 and Rinnai Ruc98i

Users who are viewing this thread

DR-DEATH

Reaction score
hi guys I had a HTP system installed last November and am looking at alternate ways to power it if the power goes out. I don't have a generator but was looking at a Honda 2k generator but alsovam toying with the idea of using a backup UPS. the manual for the HTP and Rinnai list peak power at almost nothing compared to the ups in looking at. I also have just one Taco ecm pump and 3 zone valves. My guess is the power consumption of all these could easily be powered by a UPS for a few hours etc. any experience with this?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpower-1500va-battery-back-up-system-black/3938817.p?skuId=3938817

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
When I first set up my HTP UFT-80W last summer I had a Kill-a-Watt meter on it for a while.
IIRC while firing and with the ECM circulator on it drew in the area of 50 watts or so.

The 1,500VA UPS you're looking at will give you a few hours run time at least.

DR-DEATH

Reaction score
When I first set up my HTP UFT-80W last summer I had a Kill-a-Watt meter on it for a while.
IIRC while firing and with the ECM circulator on it drew in the area of 50 watts or so.

The 1,500VA UPS you're looking at will give you a few hours run time at least.

Sweet. Maybe I'll try that over the generator for now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks