General Deep Well Queries

Users who are viewing this thread

ThirdGenPump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Isn't that exactly the same motor as the Goulds Centripro?

They are both made in the same factory by Faradyne Motors. Pentair went along with the whole aluminum winding debacle, CentriPro rejected the concept so Goulds pumps escaped the issues.

Maven

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on this for anyone who stumbles across it in the future.
I got all 420 feet of pipe back down the hole. I went with a 1.5 hp Goulds setup from AquaScience.:
a) One check valve above the pump after a short section of 316 stainless pipe
b) One check valve around water level.
The old setup was a checkvalve every 100 ft or so...

c) Reused all the original 1-1/4" PVC pipe (it was all schedule 120). But wound up replacing a lot of the stainless couplings. Amazingly the original check valves didnt' appear to be stainless...
d) Used the 3M super whatever tape... worked good.

I had to buy a pipe threader to rethread some of the sections of pipe... anywhere they had the check valves in the old setup the pipes broke when I tried to get them off.

Setup seems to be working great. My advice to anyone trying this on their own (which I wouldn't recommend unless you're pretty handy and can fabricate some stuff!) ... pull the pipe up out of the well pretty much in one piece.. the PVC pipe flexes plenty if you can make a good 15 foot arch out to have someone walking it out straight. I used an electric winch to get it done. I wound up putting it back down the hole one piece at a time but in hind sight I should have assembled it on the ground and shoved it back down as one unit or perhaps pieces of 100ft.

... total it took 4-5 hours to get it out (w/ three people) and about the same to put it back down the hole(2 people).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks