GE Smartsoft model gxsf23z01 issues

Users who are viewing this thread

creations15

Reaction score
So I replaced the gasket kit and added more salt, then filled up my bathtub twice to drain hot water tank and regenerated twice. The water looks to be filling correctly now and brining correctly now. I will report my happy wife not having flat hair in a few days:)

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it is adding water to the salt tank and then removing it and there is less salt,....

I myself would like to place bets on the GE softener horse to win...

creations15

Reaction score
Thanks All for helping me with this. my hair is all fluffy again!! wife is super happy. I appreciate it. Next question. Friend of mine has same water softener seems not to be working. Took off cover and it is cycling through and water seems to be draining down to normal level. Cleaned venturi, water may not be filling brining tank, didn't notice this filling. would this be the same issue in replacing all gaskets? Thanks

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's not filling, check the black rubber button (brine flow control) in the center of the venturi assembly. There may be debris caught in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks