GE Profile ice maker install

Users who are viewing this thread

mama-D

Reaction score
Help! My plumber is on vacation! I am confused by the install directions for the ice maker on my new refrigerator. It says I need a 1/4" compression nut and ferrule to connect my copper pipe to the GE connection coming out of the fridge. However, the ferrule is too big to seat inside the GE connection. The compression nut fits just fine over the GE connection without the ferrule in place, but that's not what the directions say! BTW, the ferrule sits fine on the copper side, just won't sit in the GE side. Thanks for your help!

mama-D

Reaction score
Never Mind!

Plumber's wife checked messages--plumber's helper is on the way!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the end of the copper tubing is not round, or it has a burr on it, it will not insert into the hole in the fitting on the refrigerator.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks