Gas Water Heater pilot and burner works but no hot water

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Leyva

Reaction score
Hi, My daughter was gonna wash the dishes but she realized there was no hot water. So I checked the water heater and the pilot and burner works but still no hot water and it has me puzzled because I checked all valves and everything is correct. Can a water heater just stop working and not throw out hot water even though it's still producing hot water in the water heater......because i even checked the pressure release valve and nice hot water came out.....I'm stuck....please help

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
1. Remove the hot side flex from the wall nipple and the hot side nipple on top of your water heater. Check it visually and check the black washers inside.
Replace if necessary.

2. Remove the hot side nipple on top of your water heater and check it visually. If clogged, replace it.

Re-connect. No hot water flow? continue:

3. Is there cold water in the faucet? If no, clean the aerator.

4. Check the hot water supply under the sink, from the wall nipple to the faucet, including the angle stop valve and the flex. Replace if necessary.

Let us know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks