Gas water heater burner won't lit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Minh422

Reaction score
My water heater pilot light lit! I can hear the gas coming out of the burner unit but it doesn't burn!

Help?:confused:

Minh422

Reaction score
It was a foreclosed home! Do you think there still air in the pipes?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Who knows. If gas is coming out and not lighting it could be a dangerous situation. Please call a plumber!

Last edited:

Ronio

Reaction score
Your thermocouple is bad

If the pilot actually lights, but wont stay lit after you release the pilot button then your thermocouple is bad. Head down to A*C*E, M*E*N*A*R*D*S, H0me Dep0t and pick up a new one, it will run you about 10 bucks.

If the pilot just plain doesn't light, you have an issue with your line and may need to have it blown.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

IT should not be air unless the lines were disconnected at some time, but even then it should evacuate fairly quickly. We cannot diagnose your problem from here because we have to see the heater and smell what is coming out of the burner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks