Gas Valve Fault. 8 flashes, then 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuckdyoung

Reaction score
Honeywell LP gas valve model number WV4462A5066. Will not ignite. I reset it and it attempts to ignite one time then goes back into fault. Is it safe to say I need to replace the gas valve? Just hate to spend $250 without being sure. The water heater is only a couple years old! 8 green flashes followed by 4.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of complaints over gas valves by honeywell being crap . I cant totaly verify but heard the stories

Chuckdyoung

Reaction score
I’ve heard this too. Probably bite the bullet and order a new one. Water heater is in perfect condition.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Pilot light? Need to inspect flame rod for cracks and termination clean and tight. Pilot flame turning flame rod red? Clean flame rod.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Bad Control Valve. 8 flashes, then 4
Chuck Young, check if you cant get a freebie from honeywell or your w/h manufacture. Sometimes they work with you a bit I think when they know there are issues they sometimes bite the bullet for customer service

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks