Gas Regulator to Hwt

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I went to hook up a temp regulator 5psi to factory set 8 wc. when I first turn on gas after it was installed, I got much higher then 8 inches wc. But as soon as I bleed the gas by the tank. It went to 8 wc and stayed there. Is this normal when you first pressurize a reg

Phog

Reaction score
Maybe not "normal" but that can happen. The regulator sits for a long time and sticks momentarily the first time you use it. If you want to make sure it's working correctly shut off the appliance valves so the downstream (regulated) side is dead headed, and keep the upstream (supply) turned on. Keep eye on it for several hours. Make sure the pressure doesn't slowly creep up over time, which would indicate a leak through.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe not "normal" but that can happen. The regulator sits for a long time and sticks momentarily the first time you use it. If you want to make sure it's working correctly shut off the appliance valves so the downstream (regulated) side is dead headed, and keep the upstream (supply) turned on. Keep eye on it for several hours. Make sure the pressure doesn't slowly creep up over time, which would indicate a leak through.
It was brand new, and I let it sit for 10 minutes. Didnt move. maybe I opened the valve to fast. Hotwater tank ran good. Better then the old reg that was full of water

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks