Gas pipe sizing when pipe is reduced halfway through

Users who are viewing this thread

tpothen

Reaction score
Hello all - I'm trying to figure out the needed pipe size to install a heater in my garage. I currently have a 1" pipe that runs from the meter 26' to the first branch which is a 75000 btu furnace, from here the pipe is reduced to 3/4" and has 2 branches, one 1/2" to a 40000 btu water heater, one 1/2" to a 20000 btu dryer, and then ends at a 15000 btu stove.

What I'm trying to figure out is if I can continue the 3/4" pipe to the garage and add a 45000 btu heater. Based on what I have figured out I should be able to do this, it would be close (granted not everything would be running at one time) but I'm having a hard time due to the pipe being reduced, I'm not sure how to factor that into the math. Any assistance would be helpful.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks