Gas Oven not lighting, glow bar replaced. Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Nick10101775

Reaction score
Hey, I my oven’s igniter went out the other day so I replaced it with an oem igniter. After hooking it up I conducted 3 separate successful test runs to ensure the igniter was working. Everything was good, no issues igniting. Now, ignition happens about 1 out of 12 attempts. When I turn the oven on, the glow bar does get hot enough to open the gas valve and gas does flow, however it will not ignite the majority of the time. The one time it did ignite I let it go up to its preset temp of 350 and when the flame went out to hold the preset temp, I opened the oven door to see if the I could get the oven to reignite, it did. I let it cool for an hour and attempted to start the oven again, no luck. Any ideas? It’s a Frigidaire, natural gas oven...

Nick10101775

Reaction score
Hey, I my oven’s igniter went out the other day so I replaced it with an oem igniter. After hooking it up I conducted 3 separate successful test runs to ensure the igniter was working. Everything was good, no issues igniting. Now, ignition happens about 1 out of 12 attempts. When I turn the oven on, the glow bar does get hot enough to open the gas valve and gas does flow, however it will not ignite the majority of the time. The one time it did ignite I let it go up to its preset temp of 350 and when the flame went out to hold the preset temp, I opened the oven door to see if the I could get the oven to reignite, it did. I let it cool for an hour and attempted to start the oven again, no luck. Any ideas? It’s a Frigidaire, natural gas oven...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks