Gas line on stove is stuck and can't remove

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackie007

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of remodeling my kitchen. For the life of me, I can't get the gas line to my stove off. I've used liquid wrench and it's to no avail.

This stove is going to be junked and replaced with a new stove. Is it bad if I just cut through the flex tube and leave the issue of not being able to get it off to the installers when I order my new stove?

The gas to the stove is shut off and I cleared the line of gas. I just want to make sure it's not dangerous to cut through the line.

Reach4

Reaction score
Make sure you shut the gas off first. :rolleyes:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The gas line WILL come off, but you might not be using the right tool or applying enough force to make it happen. A gas appliance flex line should ALWAYS be replaced, not re-used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks