Gas heater nipple corrosion

Users who are viewing this thread

Krishmunn

Reaction score
I got a Gas water heater installed by a plumber about 2 years back

Now , both the inlet and outlet are badly corroded. It actually started corroding within a year of installation

When I told the plumber, he asked to get a electrician to check the grounding.

Is he bluffing or is it really a problem that need to be tackled by electrician?

BTW, the plumber charged me permit fee but never got it permitted or inspected ( checked town record later). He is licensed ( verified that)

Krishmunn

Reaction score
20211227_101136.jpg
20211227_101132.jpg
Take a picture.
Sorry for the delay

Here are the pictures for both inlet and outlet

Fitter30

Reaction score
There should have been a dielectric union to be installed whenever dissimilar metals are joined. Unions would be installed between fittings and heater.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Are you sure your draft hood is working correctly? That seems pretty bad for being 2 years old. I don't think the grounding would/ could do that. It's either water or your in an environment that's needs attention. This is just my guess with limited info.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's not gas , its water! gotta rebuild it brass or dielectric . handle your business with your plumber, it very well might not be grounded properly but either way the installation is incorrect. permit issue could be addressed too if you choose

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks