Garden Tub Water Flow

Users who are viewing this thread

tcgt

Reaction score
I have a garden tub in my master bath. When both the hot and cold water are turned on, the flow will begin. After a certain amount of time the water flow will stop. My wife will close the valves and wait a couple of minutes. She will reopen the valves and the water starts flowing again. Why would the water stop like that? This does not happen with the master shower or any other showers in the house.

Any idea on what to look at first?

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Tommy

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Could be there is a problem in the piping to the tub.
No reason it should behave like that unless there is a piping supply issue.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes it ends up being some debris in the line that gets moved along until it hits a restriction that closes off the flow. WHen you shut it off, it falls back down, and takes a moment to get pushed back up to where it shuts down the flow. If it's an old valve that has actual washers, the washer may be loose. When you manually shut the valve, how does it feel? Does it take a lot of pressure to shut the water off? If there's some hoses in the connection, as the hot water warms the hose, if there's a kink, it may flex as it softens a little to shut off flow.

tcgt

Reaction score
The valves are very easy to open and close. I'm not really sure how to inspect for debris without having to rip out the supply lines.

Thanks for the replies.

Reach4

Reaction score
While this happens, can you get hot from the lavatory?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks