++ Garage Heater ++

Users who are viewing this thread

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Modine makes a Hot Dawg series that's just for that sort of thing. They can be mounted close to the ceiling and vented horizontally if needed. There are plenty of other alternatives too.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've used a 45,000 BTU Reznor in my garage/shop for over 20 years. I leave the pilot light on year round with the thermostat set down to 55. In the winter if I want to work in the shop, I can raise the temperature to 70* in just a few minutes. The room is 24x28x12. There are no windows, two walk-in doors, 2 10x9 garage doors. The walls have 2x6 studs and are sheet rocked over fiberglass batt insulation. The ceiling is blown with 12" of fiberglass insulation. It is not perfectly air tight around the garage doors, but heat loss is not too bad. I can not compare this heater with any other, but it has worked well for me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks