Garage floor drain cover

Users who are viewing this thread

jamesd

Reaction score
After years and years of salt and road water dripping and running in to my floor drain, the cover has pretty much disintegrated. Now I have a deadly 8 inch hole. Did some searching online for covers and found some cast iron ones. But not sure what actually held the old one up. Theres not really a lip or anything to set it in. Atleast not that I can see. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
No way to answer your question without seeing the drain or a picture of it. Most cast iron covers set into a recess, but since they are fairly thick the recess has to be sized for them.

jamesd

Reaction score
Thanks HJ

Making a half hearted attempt to upload a photo of the drain but have my doubts whether it will help. Thanks again.

Attachments

• DSCN0336..jpg
    DSCN0336..jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9,935
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks