Game of Thrones: Medieval Showers with Daenerys (Emilia Clarke)

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
got1.jpg

What type of shower would Daenerys (Emilia Clarke "Mother of the Dragons") use in Medieval Times?

Dany-Dragon-Wallpaper-game-of-thrones-dragons-34476264-998-669.jpg

Who is watching the new season? Love this show..... It's obvious when you have dragons your going to get a little dirty. Surely in the olden times they did not have the means to draw a proper bath every day....

Maybe we will get lucky and have a sneak peak at a Medieval Shower Scene. I have never seen in any period movie a shower - always a bath. When did the first prototypes of showers come to be....?

When my wife and I visited Satorini Greece years ago they mentioned that there was evidence of early plumbing systems for toilets and baths. But no showers. When did this modern marvel come to be and who gets credit?

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Showers from Ancient Times

gr0023.jpg

shower.gif

Found these shower images online this morning. Looks like this web site is giving credit for the first showers to the Greeks.

Looks like these images date back to the fourth century

showers-greek.jpg

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Museum of Prehistoric Thira - Ancient Showers

This is the place my wife and I visited on our honeymoon one day. The Museum of Prehistoric Thira. We got married on Santorini (Greece) and one day we did a day trip to this museum. Pretty cool spot. Lots of talk about Atlantis and explosions but what I remember most was the design of the water ducts that acted like plumbing lines.

Genius.

museum-of-prehistoric.jpg

While digging up this spot they found duct lines carved into the stone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks