Galvanized Tank Air Volume Control Placement

Users who are viewing this thread

lzenglish

Reaction score
Hello. It seems that older Verticle Galvanized Tanks have their Air Volume Control tap set about 2/3rds up from the base of the tank. The new tanks have the tap set at 1/2 the way up from the base of the tank. Why is this? Will it make a differance on my drawdown? If so, can I bend the Air Volume Control float down to compensate for this? I do not want to weld a new tap in, for fear it will destroy the Galvanizing material.

Thanks

lzenglish

Reaction score
Thanks for the Good Info., but if the AVC is set higher, would it not allow More water, and less air to charge the Tank? It seems that the new tank manufactures are looking at a 50/50 ratio for the best working system. I have been unable to get an answer from tank manufacturers on this point. It seems the AVC location was pulled from a hat, not engineered.

lzenglish

Reaction score
So you are saying no matter what the location of the AVC is on the tank, it can be adjusted for maximum air charge? And the more Air charge the more draw down? I will try this! My only way of knowing the water level is to feel the cold tank level, I wish I had a sight glass, but have no ports to install one. Thanks Again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks