Gaggenau steam oven

Users who are viewing this thread

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this unit. It's an oven that requires a water supply and a gravity drain. Their installation instructions show the drain being hooked up to a sink y-branch tailpiece. They don't seem to know that in many kitchens the sink and the oven aren't on the same wall. After the waste connection behind the unit is made and the oven is pushed into the cabinet, the discharge hose (corrogated like a dishwasher hose) tends to form a loop, resulting in a hump in the line. Because of this hump the unit won't drain. If it doesn't drain, it won't work. I called Gaggenau and explained this to them. But, it's hard to communicate with an uberintelligent German. The product has UL listing. I doubt it could have gotten listed by CSA or UPC.

http://www.gaggenau.com/US_en/Ovens...-Detail.do?protocol=*~ED+220&contentId=980509

Reply To This Message

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks