Furnace issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Clstout

Reaction score
I have a small furnace in my basement. It's a Tappan, small unit. Lately it's been acting strange. When I turned it on due to the cold weather, it ran fine. But once it turned off, about 1 second later the draft inducer came back on, and I got an error message stating that the pressure switch was stuck open. I replaced it, along with the ignitor. That didn't help at all. I currently cannot afford the repair bill from a professional. Can anyone here offer some advice?

Thanks

Clstout

Reaction score
I have a small furnace in my basement. It's a Tappan, small unit. Lately it's been acting strange. When I turned it on due to the cold weather, it ran fine. But once it turned off, about 1 second later the draft inducer came back on, and I got an error message stating that the pressure switch was stuck open. I replaced it, along with the ignitor. That didn't help at all. I currently cannot afford the repair bill from a professional. Can anyone here offer some advice?

Thanks
Anyone???

Stuff

Reaction score
What is the model number?
Make sure the exhaust flue is not in any way blocked.

Clstout

Reaction score
Here are the results. I managed to discover that the water was not able to drain fast enough, shutting off the valve, causing the error message. I located this when I was pulling the lines to clean out the fittings. The large drain hose had a sort of trap like a sink. Luckily it was clear plastic. I could see it was restricted. Blew it out with compressed air, and now all is well again.

Thanks all for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks