Resized_20181207_145700_1518.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 183

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I lived in a home with a bad heater exchanger in the furnace. I was getting headaches for no reason.
The reason turned out to be carbon monoxide from the bad furnace. I replaced it and the air was better in the home, and we all felt much, much better.
Anytime you get a new home or refinance they make you install carbon monoxide detectors. I guess they want you making all the payments.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
At least a few companies make hand-held, portable CO detectors. I bought one for when flying in small airplanes. I think that all HVAC techs should have one. They aren't hugely expensive, but should be calibrated about every couple of years.

FWIW, long-term, low-level CO exposure can cause problems that most home CO detectors won't trigger on. Mine helped identify a bad gasket on my boiler that just tightening up the clamping bolts resolved. Not enough for the CO detectors wired into the house to detect, but enough to lead to headaches. The one I have is made by Sensorcon in the USA. https://sensorcon.com/ You can get it with a suction bulb to check flue gasses, etc. as an optional accessory, or in a kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks