Furnace blower runs non stop

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Non of the limits are tripped. Even runs with all thermostat wires disconnected. Tried new board same thing. Only thing I can think of is a bad ecm. Anyone come across this

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Fitter30

Reaction score
There should be a motor check out in service manual just google brand and model# if no luck brand and model of motor and post them.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the control wires to the ECM motor? I hate those motors. For the most part you cannot get the back part of the ECM motor. After GE sold the motor division to GENTEQ years back. You might want to consider this tool for your bag of tricks.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Supco-E...cFBAiZW2HjsJ1JOdox2ou-gWhE5AJvkRoC79wQAvD_BwE
You mean the low voltage harness off the ecm? If it still runs means bad ecm? I've been reading of some people removing high voltage harness off ecm and it still runs.
The way I understand it is the low voltage harness is just telling ecm which speed to run and the high voltage provides power

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks