Furnace and water heater sharing exhaust

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerome7

Reaction score
Last week end I replaced the water tank and reconnected the hot/cold water lines and the gas line. Everything works well. But I still have to reconnect the return line. Since the return line isn't at the same place, it will require some soldering. Before I start I need some help to understand what I need to do.

1) Looking at my current return line, there are 2 shut-off regulators (one each end) and the pump is between them. And there is this part (I marked w/ the pink arrow in the 1st picture). What is its purpose? Is it required?

2) the 2nd picture shows how the faucet was connected to the old heater. The 3rd picture show the awkward position and angle of the new flush valve of the new heater. It's very close to the control panel and tilted. What is the best option to reconnect my return line to it? I was thinking to solder the faucet (with the regulator still attached to it) back to the line and use a flexible water pipe (like the one used for the holt/cold out/inlets) between the faucet and the tank flush valve. Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Regards

IMG_6052_marked.png
IMG_5986.JPG
IMG_6051.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks