Funny and interesting pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
This forum has so much great information, I thought I would start a thread with funny and interesting pictures. Anyone else who has something worth adding, please do. Each picture should have some relevance to water treatment or plumbing.

First picture, I did a job walk a while back, can someone tell me the problem with the installation of this valve?

valve.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I had a gas valve installed similar to that. Installer took the handle off and flipped it 180 degrees but then the tab did not work with the stops. Speaking of stops, I am not seeing the off position stop in that photo.

One could replace that handle with a Tee style which is something I have had done in another case.

Bannerman

Reaction score
One could replace that handle with a Tee style
I've seen some similar where the handle was bent to clear the obstruction, or where the plastic cover had been removed to cut-off the handle and then the plastic cover reinstalled to cover over the square cut.

V Scott

Reaction score
After 28 years I have seen some wild things out in the field. Most of that time I did not have a camera hanging on my hip like today.
I will start with what I think is one of the craziest I have ever seen. Gentleman called asking if we carried a media tank that accepted the snap ring style adapter from valve to tank? I told him no but could possibly get him an adapter to use a standard threaded tank. He began to laugh and said " I have already explored that and considering a patent of my own".

He sent me an email with some pics, Subject line : Enjoy!!

So, I hope you guys, Enjoy!!!!

20190925_063738.jpg

ditttohead

Reaction score
WOW!!! Nice job!

Do I need a check valve and thermal expansion tank to protect my softeners from hot water backup?

hot water oops.jpg

ditttohead

Reaction score
drain haha.jpg

Today's picture... Softener, RO, two iron filters, a carbon tank drain???

Attachments

• drain haha.jpg
    drain haha.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
The saying is, necessity is the mother of all invention.

Funny, silly or dumb to us, but the person that did each likely had blinders on to other options and codes, and could not anticipate what could or was likely to happen.

Wonder how much flow can actually pass through that unsupported vinyl tube shown at the bottom right of the last photo?

Since the strap band does not seem to be supporting anything and the underside of the stairs appear to be shown, is it possible the last photo is currently orientated incorrectly, thereby making the drain situation even worse? (turn photo right 90 degrees?)

Last edited:

ditttohead

Reaction score
I assume the picture is turned 90, lol, I could correct it, but it looks even worse like that. :) Now for another fun picture. Algae anyone?

dirty filter.jpg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Just want your opinion on the pros and cons of both of these paths......

I have both in my home and I thing the 2 cubic foot activated carbon filter
does a pretty good job with most everything from city water.......

the reverse osmissis does ok for the drinking water but I wonder if with the carbon filter is it actually even necessary>>>>???

you know more about this than I do so educate me

thank you

weilhammer

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks