Full size 76" shower door on bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

The harrymanimus

harrymanimus
Reaction score
We had the shower part of our bathtub area remodeled. I'd like to get a nice frameless to nearly frameless door. It needs to be bypass due to location of nearby toilet on same wall as shower fixtures. The guy measuring recommended getting a full size 76" shower door rather than the normal 60" made for tub model because of the shower head height. Can anyone think of any issues with doing this?

Cast iron bathtub 13.5" high
Shower head 82" high
Ceiling 96"

A 60" shower door on tub = 75.5" high, too low for shower head
A 76" shower door on tub = 89.5 high, door handles at 51.5", ceiling clearance of around 6 inches

This is the door I was planning to get:
https://dreamline.com/shower-doors/essence-44-to-60-sliding-shower-door_shdr-6348760-01.html

I guess I need to find out how the door affixes to the "floor". I wouldn't want to drill a bunch of holes in the tub.

Last edited:

The harrymanimus

harrymanimus
Reaction score
Turns out the install guys won't do what the measuring guy suggested. So this may not work at all. I'll ask the manufacturer.

Maybe my solution is to get an adjustable shower arm to bring the shower head down a little.

How important is it that the shower head be below the level of the door? I see pics on the internet where the head is above the door.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; How important is it that the shower head be below the level of the door?

I cannot imagine any reason why it would even be a consideration.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks