Full bath under slab w laundry venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok first sorry for the sketch. What program are you guys using to do 3D plumbing layouts?
All under slab plumbing
Plumbing wall is 8’ long. Vent is basically centered in wall. the
Question is on the tub drain, is it ok to use laundry vent as it is? Or Should I use the 2” stack as laundry vent and drain And re vent the tub?

Attachments

• 5B2CB117-9957-4F0D-9431-976CBC058752.jpeg
    5B2CB117-9957-4F0D-9431-976CBC058752.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 119

Reach4

Reaction score
Not a full review. I am not a plumber. You need to vent your tub somehow. Under IPC, as drawn I think you need to increase output of the wye that the standpipe feeds to 3 inch.

Both of those could be solved by bringing the standpipe drainage in downstream of tub if distances are right. Then the tub gets wet vented by the lavatory if distances are right.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wet venting is restricted to bathroom groups, which excludes the laundry drain. So with your drains as drawn, the bathtub would need an individual vent, which could be revented to the laundry vent.

Or if it's feasible to have the bathtub drain hit the main 3" line between the lavatory and laundry connections, without exceeding the maximum trap arm length, then the bathtub would be wet vented by the lavatory. Since the laundry drain is already vented, it could pass over the bathtub drain and jog down when hitting the 3" line.

Cheers, Wayne

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Got it. I’ll easily be able to move tub to share bath vent and keep under max trap to vent. And keep laundry separate.
Wet venting is restricted to bathroom groups, which excludes the laundry drain. So with your drains as drawn, the bathtub would need an individual vent, which could be revented to the laundry vent.

Or if it's feasible to have the bathtub drain hit the main 3" line between the lavatory and laundry connections, without exceeding the maximum trap arm length, then the bathtub would be wet vented by the lavatory. Since the laundry drain is already vented, it could pass over the bathtub drain and jog down when hitting the 3" line.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks