Frost proof faucet problem

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is my best guest.
That hole is to allows the water in the stem to drain after the water is shut off. It is to eliminate or reduce the amount of water left in the stem so when it freezes it will not damage it. When the valve is opened, the drain hole should be shielded (blocked) by the grommet at the top of the stem. When closed the hole is exposed and water should drain inside the stem when the hose is removed. I'm suspecting the packing material at the top of the stem is damage or miss aligned.

1664136616374.png

Last edited:

TGS

Reaction score
FIX - I had the same issue, water coming out of the 2 holes in stem by the handle. What I found was buildup on the stem spring loaded valve. The only way water can get up the stem (when on) is if the inner valve doesn't seal with pressure. The buildup was so slight i thought it was just an area of the rubber that started to deteriorate. Cleaned it off and sprayed some white grease on the spring loaded piston and rubber, Worked fine. Sorry there was no fixes in the whole string before. I also can not find a repair kit for this hydrant - sorry I bought it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks