Frost free hosebib, What is this part?

Users who are viewing this thread

AspiringDIYR

Reaction score
had a leaking spigot and removed this part. The main tube is cracked and degraded. Thanks for the assistance!

IMG_6736.jpg
IMG_6737.jpg
IMG_6738.jpg
IMG_6739.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Usually the side of the faucet is maked as to who made it and perhaps parts can be ordered.
I carry hosebibs on the vans, and it's a lot quicker for me to install a new one that spend time waiting for new parts to arrive.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Replacing one of this can be challenging depending on where the connection is made to the supply line. If it has easy access, it's pretty straight forward, but if it is hard to reach, the fun begins. First thing is to understand you can not remove the old bib from the outside. If you try that you will almost certainly twist the supply pipe and then you really have a mess. You must work from the inside where the connection is. Use two wrenches. One to turn the tube and the other to apply counter pressure to prevent the twisting of the supply line. When you install the new, heed the arrow on the bib to align it properly and remember there is a slight downward tilt so the bib will drain when shut off.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is more than one part there. It looks like the stem assembly, handle etc from a Prier freezeless wall hydrant

AspiringDIYR

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I was specifically talking about the stem - hoping to replace just that since access to the connection inside is lousy. This part is likely 25 years old or so.

I'm going to try to locate a manufacturer name on the faucet tonight and I'll probably bring it into a plumbing supply store for some help in identifying/replacing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks